Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oh the things you hear from a bathroom stall...

While walking in my school's restroom after school the other day, I saw a mom in there talking to her little son who was in a stall.  While I was, you know...doing my business, I heard the little boy say:

"Mom, why do they have these little garbages in here?"
"Oh, it's just for if people need to throw something away. Like gum."
"Well people can just keep their gum. They don't need to throw it away."
"Oh, yeah."

AND THEN!

"UGH! MOM, it's too hard! EEERRRGGGG!"
"Just relax, hun."
"But it's too hard. I can't do it. I give up!"
"It's okay, take your time."
"ERG!"

At this point I was washing my hands, trying to hold back a laugh, and I glanced at the woman. She smiled at me partially like she was embarrassed, but partially because she knew how funny her son sounded. As I was walking away I heard:

"Got it, Mom."

Oh geez, the things you hear in a bathroom stall. That moment completely made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment